- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh brewed coffee
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate Frosting
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line the bottoms of two 9-inch baking pans with parchment paper and dust sides with flour.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a large mixer bowl with stand mixer on medium speed, beat eggs, sugar and butter, about 1 minute or until well blended. Reduce to low speed. Gradually beat in coffee, milk, vinegar and vanilla until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture, about 1 minute or until blended.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, prepare Chocolate Frosting.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate and top with ¾ cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add chocolate chips, heavy cream and butter.
- Microwave on MEDIUM power until butter is melted and heavy cream is warm. Stir until mixture is smooth, shiny and pourable. Pour over only top of cake and smooth to edge.
- Spread or pipe remaining frosting around side of cake.
For the best results try any of our Cookers/Stoves