Christmas in Trinidad would not be complete without a glass of Ponche-de-Creme. Trinidad Ponche-de-Creme is a smooth creamy spicy and spiked drink that is an unmistakable part of the December Holiday season.
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 mins | Total Time: 16 mins | Serves: 8
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Can Coconut Condensed Milk
- 250 ml Whole Milk
- 250 ml White Rum
- 1/4 teaspoon Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- Into a blender, add the 3 eggs and coconut condensed milk. Blend on high speed until the mixture is thick and frothy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again for about 3 minutes or until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Store in an empty Rum/Glass bottle with a cover and keep in a cool place until ready to serve.
- Once the bottle is opened, store in the fridge and it should keep for 10-12 months.
- Serve over ice and garnish with a pinch of cinnamon.