Use Holstein Cup Cake Maker kit for only $141 for best results!
For the cupcakes
- 100ml White rum
- 170g Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 150g Strawberries (fresh, Chopped into small pieces)
- 40g Butter (unsalted) (softened)
- 120g Plain white flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder 1 Egg(s) (free range) (large)
- 120ml Milk (whole)
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla extract For the buttercream
- 80g Butter (unsalted) (softened)
- 250g Icing sugar
- 4 tsp Milk (whole)
- 10 Strawberries (to decorate)
(1) Preheat the Holstein Cup Cake Maker
(2) Place the white rum and 30g sugar into a small saucepan and bring to the boil until the liquid has reduced by half, then set aside to cool. Add the chopped strawberries and leave to soak for about 30 minutes.
(3)Place the butter, flour, remaining sugar and baking powder into a large bowl and using a hand held or freestanding electric mixer , slowly mix together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
(4)In a seperate bowl mix together the egg, milk and vanilla extract then gradually add incorporate with the dry mix, mixing thoroughly.
(5)Drain the strawberries from the rum & sugar mixture, saving the liquid. Place a few pieces of strawberry into the bottom of each cupcake case then spoon batter on top until the case is 2/3 full.
(6)Bake in Holstein Cup Cake Maker until the cakes are golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Whilst the cakes are still warm spoon over about 1 teaspoon of the reserved rum & sugar reduction.
(7)To make the buttercream, mix together the butter and icing sugar until it resembles breadcrumbs in texture, then add the milk and remaining rum reduction and mix on a high speed until the frosting is soft and fluffy.
(8)Decorated the cupcakes with buttercream, using either a piping bag or palette knife and finish with a slice of strawberry.