Go ahead and enjoy your pumpkin spice latte in the morning, but as soon as the clock strikes 5 o’clock, it’s time for a pumpkin pie martini. Made with real pumpkin (most likely unlike your PSL) and topped with a dollop of frozen whipped cream that melts into a heavenly foam topping, this recipe is equal parts dessert and cocktail.
YIELDS: 2 servings | PREP TIME: 8 mins
FOR THE FROZEN WHIPPED CREAM:
● 1/4 c. whipped topping or whipped cream
FOR THE PUMPKIN PIE MARTINI:
- 2 1/2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. aged rum
- 1/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. half and half
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus additional for garnish
- Handful of ice cubes
- Place 2 martini glasses in the freezer.
- For the Frozen Whipped Topping: Line a small sheet tray with parchment orwaxed paper. Make 2 dollops of whipped topping or whipped cream and placein the freezer for 30 minutes.
- For the Pumpkin Pie Martini: In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, rum,pumpkin puree, maple syrup, half and half, pumpkin pie spice, salt and ice cubes. Cover and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds. Strain into the 2 martini glasses. Top each glass with with one piece of frozen whipped cream. Sprinkle additional pumpkin pie spice and serve immediately.