- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
• To begin making Homemade Mysore Pak Recipe, in a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat, roast the flour until it begins to turn golden brown and gives a roasted aroma. Transfer immediately to a paper towel or a large wide bowl and allow it to cool, as you don’t want the color to change too much.
• In the same pan; add sugar and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Stir the sugar in water until it dissolves, and allow it to come to boil. Turn the heat to low and simmer until you get a one string consistency – it should feel sticky between your fingers.
• Once it attains a stringy consistency add in the roasted flour and continue to stir until well combined. Turn the heat to low and keep stirring continuously until it becomes a smooth consistency and continue to stir.
• Add ghee little at a time and repeat the addition of ghee after 3-4 minutes of stirring. Once the entire mass comes together and looks smooth, add the last portion of ghee and continue to stir till the whole masses rises up like froth.
• Once it comes to this consistency, remove from the heat and pour the flour mysore pak mixture into a greased tray. Bang the tray lightly to allow the mass to spread all over and looks evenly spread.
• Sprinkle a little of granulated sugar over the top and allow the Mysore Pak to set and cool completely until set. Cut the soft Mysore Pak into desired shapes.
• Serve Homemade Mysore Pak Recipe as a dessert after Onion Tomato Podi Masala Dosa Recipe and Chutney for breakfast or after lunch.