Use the Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer For Only $411.00, For best Results.
- 300 g all-purpose flour ,plus more for dusting
- 155 ml water ,room temperature or hot boiling
- 2 g salt Pork and chive filling
- 400 g Ground pork or beef ,at least 20% fat (you can replace ⅓ pork with shrimp)
- 200 g Chive ,hard ends removed
- 1 tsp.salt
- 1 tbsp. cooking wine
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. sesame oil ,divided
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 2 tbsp. hot oil Dipping sauce
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- 3-4 ginger sheds
1. Mix a small pinch of salt with flour, dig a hole in center and then stir the water in. Mix the flour and water during the process so you can adjust the water amount if necessary. Then knead the dough for 8-10 minutes with a stand mixer or by hand until the dough is almost smooth. Cover and rest for 15 minutes. Then re-knead the dough for 2-3 minutes so we can get a very smooth dough. Cover and continue resting for 1 hour.
2. When the dough becomes soft and smooth, cut into halves and knead each half into a round ball. Take one half and dig a small hole in center. Then shape it to a large circle round. Cut so we will end up a long log. Shape the log around 3cm in diameter. Divide the long log into small dumpling dough pieces (each around 10g). Dust each of them so they will not stick together. Press one down and then roll it into a wrapper around 10cm in diameter. You can refer to the video for the technique.
Get your assistants here and begin to wrap the dumpling at the fastest speed, because the wrappers will get dried out soon and become harder to seal together.
1. In a mixing bowl, add ground pork or beef, a small pinch of salt, egg, light soy sauce, white pepper, oyster sauce grated ginger and salt. Then place the green onion on top and drizzle hot oil on green onions. This helps to improve the aroma of the green onion.
2. Stir the filling in one direction for 2-3 minutes until getting a paste texture and the filling becomes quite sticky. Set aside for 1 hour or cover with plastic wrapper and overnight.
3. Finely chop chives and mix with 2 tablespoons of sesame oil or other vegetable oil. Mix chive with pork before wrapping.
Pan-fried and Steamed in Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer version
1. Brush 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan (nonstick pan recommended for beginners), place the dumplings in. Pleats side up until the bottom becomes crispy and golden brown.
2. Heat over medium fire until one side becomes browned. Remove from pan and add to Hamilton Beach Digital Food Steamer and steam for 30 minutes